Perhaps your kitchen cupboards need a contemporary stain, or possibly you’d like the old bathtub in your grasp bathroom to be removed to make room for a walk-in shower. These tasks might seem minor compared to a large-scale remodel, and depart you asking the query — does this project require a contractor or a handyman? It’s important to know the difference between the two earlier than you hire. Suppliers and subcontractors have a proper to file a lien towards your personal home if they do not get paid for his or her labor or materials. To shield yourself in opposition to liens, you should demand that your contractor offer you a Sworn Statement earlier than you pay the contractor.
- General contractors could focus on plumbing, framing, electrical, foundations or roofing tasks, they usually can work on industrial or residential buildings.
- Our handymen guarantee our workmanship and have an average of 10 years’ expertise.
- You should also ask the contractor to give you the names of any sub-trades they could use on your project — plumbers, electricians, and others — and examine them out too.
- Subcontractors—such as plumbers, electricians, or roofers—have a specific set of expertise but work in agreement with the overall contractor, not the costumer.
- A shoddy drywall repair job may cause more issues than it solves, for example.